Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My HC500 Mitsubishi Project flashes on and off frequently.

Customer Question

My HC500 Mitsubishi Project flashes on and off frequently. It is extremely annoying. I used to think that maybe it was my amplifier/receiver but I think it is the projector. Have you seen this before?
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Please note that I am an independent technician who depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website.
I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , these are sent by the website ,not by me but let me know if you`d rather do this on the phone.
That being said please reply following info request to troubleshoot the issue.
- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to projector and does the problem occur on all video input sources?
Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is a PS4 and Direct TV connected via a Harman/Kardon receiver. It appears it happens more after things run for awhile/projector warms up.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the info.

We need to troubleshoot the problem to find out if it is projector's internal issue or problem coming from connected video source/ device.

Please connect PS4 directly to projector and check, do you still get same problem?

Does the picture flicker or projector power goes on-off?

Also, press menu button on projector remote to get its own menu screen, do the menu graphics flicker as well?