TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

It says it is not getting a signal, to check my cable and

Customer Question
source, which I have done...
it says it is not getting a signal, to check my cable and source, which I have done and they are ok. It worked fine last pm.
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: 2 years old.un46eh5000
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: menu works. Have not tried other sources but another tv with box is working off the cable
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Last night it was fine. tonight this popped up
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
10/15/2016
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 1 year ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Do you have anything else connected to this tv, or the ability to test this with something else for diagnostic purposes?

Okay can you do that please, and let me know the results?
Remember you need to change the input mode using the SOURCE button on the remote, when you do this.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My DVD works fine on tv

Thank you for confirming,

that means that the problem here is with the cable box.

First unplug power to the box for 60+ seconds to reboot it.

If no change, then the box is faulty and you'll want to call your cable provider to have it replaced.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Do you need more help with this?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I replaced my cable box and all is well. Thanks

You're very welcome, glad to hear it is now working.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs athttp://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Nathan, Installer