TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

It doesn't want to cahmge source from tv, Samsung LA19R71B,

Customer Question
Hi, it doesn't want to...
Hi, it doesn't want to cahmge source from tv
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Samsung LA19R71B
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: i cant select anything other then TV the other selections are there but ghosted out
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: just got it today and has been doing it from when we turned it on. It wont tune channels either
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: the fella i got it from was just letting his kids use it to watch movies sooo maybe it's stuffed ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
10/14/2016
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 1 year ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem , a few questions coming up and please note that it may take a few minutes between replies;

What is connected to this tv ?
Cable box,satellite,dvd,games etc. ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
nothing at the moment only the aerial
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
have tried hooking up different units but cant change source

O.k then i`m not surprised you cannot select those inputs , the tv will not give you an empty /inactive input /source

You need to connect something there and power it up before it will let you select it

Now did you perform a channel search with an antenna ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
tried all that and it still wont change soruce
source
the other options for source are there but ghosted out
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
yep went to plug n play n didnt find anything

tried what ??

Channel search has nothing to do with source , you need to connect something else than the aerial

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
tried selcting auto tune through the menu and no good either
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
checked aerial connections all good
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
tried set top box through internet n no good either

Lets try it again , my way but first , are you supposed to get anything with an antenna where you are ??

what is this now a set top box ??

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
absolutly
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
tried hdmi connection with set top box n no good either
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
then tried both with everything n guess what
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
is there a way to hard reset it

I`m sorry but you`re going too fast for me , so i will opt out now

You don`t have to do anything , your question will be reposted for other techs. to see and jump in.
Please just standby and someone should be with you shortly .
PS. DO NOT rate or it will hinder the repost .

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok thanks mate
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 1 year ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help.

- Do you have a DVD player to connect into video input (composite or HDMI) then try to press source button to see what happens?

Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
tried all that
the other options for source are there but are not selectable they're ghosted out
went to plug n play n didnt find anything wont even auto tune
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i think it could be in "shop mode" or "demo mode"
Yes it IS in the ill fated "Shop Mode"
How does one remove this mode of the damned from my unit using the remote?

Thnaks for the info.

What button you push on TV remote to change the source?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the source button or in the menu
it's out of demo mode now
it's in dynamic mode
but i still cant change the source

Other video input sources will not enable if no video signal detected there, since you have tried all the video inputs of TV by connecting different video devices yet they stay grayed out/ disabled (though visible in list yet unable to select them) that means it is video input selector chip failure which isn't sensing video signal at all thus input stays disable in source list.

I'm afraid it seems you would need to replace main board of TV to resolve the problem as there is no other way around to fix the issue. Please get the part number off of main board of TV where all video inputs are located and search/ google it to get replacement main board price info that will help you to order it or invest that money on new replacement TV. I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page.
Thank you.

Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician