TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

It just scrolls from channel to channel, just dis plays

Customer Question
channel going up JA: What's the...
It just scrolls from channel to channel, just dis plays channel going up
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: LN32B36oc5D 18month
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: No Nothing works, I just bought a new remote thinking that was the problem
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I just Change locations in my home 4 weeks ago and it started
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: There are no TV Technician where I live ( Lawton, Oklahoma)
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/14/2016
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 1 year ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , I`m Jack , I will be helping you today
Can you please send me a reply when you are ready to proceed ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am here

Sorry but there was a payment failure on that phone request , although I`m not privy to billing here this usually means your CC company did not recognize the charges and declined them , you would have to contact them to OK the transaction .
But we can continue in this chat mode as well

You mean that the tv is stuck on channel scan even if you try and change the input /source on the tv ?

Does it respond to anything or is stuck on this ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you saying three is still something wrong with my card

I have no idea , i`m not pprivy to any of the billings here , i`m an indenpendent tec h.

I`m saying that it often happens that your CC company decline the charges as a protection if it does not recognize it or something of the sort

I`m a tv repairman and that's it , Please use this link or phone number for these questions;
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help 1.***-***-****

I will send you the offer from my side , may work better

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I just call my bank they have not rejected any payment can't put call me

Marci , i have no idea , i dont work for justanswer ,i`m a tech. sitting in his repair shop , please use the phone number i gave you for that

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have looked at my account and there is a 5 dollar debit and a 20 debit already done
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 1 year ago
Nathan, Installer

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with this but I’ll do my best to help you out, Marci.

I can help you here in the chat (that is what the 5+20 fee you paid already is for), or by phone if you wish (that is an added cost).

Can you tell me how you get your tv stations (antenna, basic cable, cable/satellite box)?

Do you need more help with this?
If so, simply reply back on this page.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
TV just scroll through channels

Okay,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Cable via Direct Tv. I already had Direct do a check

The things that directv can do remotely are extremely limited.

If you are seeing the satellite channels scrolling through though (as opposed to static or blue screens for example) that points to a directv issue, not a tv issue.

Unplug power to the dtv box for 60 seconds to reboot it, please, and let me know the results.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry but I'll have to do that when I get home. I am at work

No problem, take your time.

If you find the issue still happens after the reboot, please also take the batteries out of the dtv remote and see if that stops the scrolling.

Thanks,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks

You're very welcome

Louie, Technician