Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a Samsung Series 6700 TV. Somehow, while using the

Customer Question

I have a Samsung Series 6700 TV. Somehow, while using the Smart Control I mistakenly changed from the Pointer mode to a voice mode.
JA: How old is your Samsung, and have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: How old is your Samsung, and have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours? How can I get back the the pointer? Thank you.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: My TV is about one year old. I remember pointing at something with the Smart control and when I selected it I saw a message which said that I could not use the pointer any more as long as I was in this new mode. Unfortunately, I don't remember exactly what it said.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: This only became an issue yesterday when I made the mistake of experimenting with using the pointer in the smart control to learn what some of the different things did. Now I wish I hadn't. Now, for example, every time I change the volume I get a voice that says "Volume (followed by the volume number)".
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. (What do you mean before I connect you?)
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Hello, Sorry for the redundant questions - those are generated by a computer. I am the actual tech helping you. Please get me the full model number off of the back of the Samsung so I can help you with this.

Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Please review my reply and postback to proceed.

Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

I'm not sure if you're having problems replying? Please don't try to reply to the e-mail the site sends you. Instead use the link to get to the site page and reply here.