TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

After muting the TV I cannot get the sound to work again.

Customer Question
model # NS65D260A13. JA: What's the...
after muting the TV I cannot get the sound to work again. model # NS65D260A13.
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: I don't know how old 3-4 years maybe. When I go into the settings the part that shows speakers on is grayed out and I cannot change it
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: TV menu works - Nothing else is hooked up to it
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: last night, after it was muted
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
10/13/2016
TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 1 year ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
still no sound

Ok, please not the payment failed for the phone call, usually your credit card blocks it so we need to continue here

What is the TV connecting to? Cable Box?, Sky Box? Aerial?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
directv

Thanks

Can you remove the power to the directTV box and wait 5 minutes.

Power on the DirectTV box and tell me if you now get sound please.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
still have no sound

Do you have another device there such as a DVD player?

ok, use that device and tell me please if you get sound via this

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no sound with the dvd

ok, if you press Volume UP on the remote, do you see the volume increase on the screen (the graphic for it)?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it goes up and down

Thanks

It is the internal maoinboard that has faulted, this now confirms it.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Richard, Technician