Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

I have a Sony trinatron tv that for some reason has a

Customer Question

I have a Sony trinatron tv that for some reason has a flashing light on the front of it that indicates it is in a standby timer mode. it will not let me view any of the channels. it is just a black screen.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 11 months ago.

Welcome. I am Mike, an experienced technician with more than 10 years of field experience. We are now connected together on this convenient website where I am able to help you.

The only reset is to unplug the Tv power cord for 3 minutes. If that does not help then the tv needs diagnosis, parts, and service which is going to be complex (requires using a DMM to test live circuits). If you do not have the needed skills and tools then having it repaired by a local shop is your best option. Depending on the age and size of the tv, it might not be worth fixing. Usually 40-42 inches and below are not worth it.

I'm sorry for the bad news. Remember that I will be here with you throughout this entire process. Use the REPLY option or you may also submit a 3 to 5 star rating at the top of this page now. Rating does not close your question or prevent future replies which are at no additional cost.

Thanks

Expert:  Mike G. replied 11 months ago.

Hello, just checking back in to see if you still need help, or perhaps you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?