Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

Can i hook an antenna to the tv

Customer Question

can i hook an antenna to the tv
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Hi , I`m Jack and I will be helping you today

Please note that I am an independent audio/video tech. that depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website and I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , they are sent by the website ,not by me but let me know if you`d rather do this on the phone.

That being said , a few questions coming up ;

Are ou asking if you have can only the antenna connected , no cable from the cable company ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

This is how you can set this up once the antenna is connected ;

Press MENU and go to CHANNELS , open that and go to Auto Channel Search , open that and select ANTENNA then press ENTER and it will start the channels search .

It will scan for both digital and analog channels but I doubt much it will find anything analog , I mean that officially the analog OTA (over the air) channels were replaced by digital in june 2009 although some regions and remote areas retained analog for a while after that .

So don't be surprised if it finds digital only

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have a streaming box connected also directions stated i need a ant/in hookup
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Streaming box in the antenna IN ???

What type of box do you have ?

That is the worse type of connection you could get , this is like connecting an old vcr to your tv , doesn't it have HDMI output ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Antenna in for antenna yes but that box should be hdmi or at least component cables !

Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Sorry but something just came up and I have to step out for about an hour .

If you can wait then great , otherwise I will repost your question ?