TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have just moved my 13 year old Pioneer plasma TVs to

Customer Question
renovate. On replacing it it...
I have just moved my 13 year old Pioneer plasma TVs to renovate. On replacing it it looks like the red colour is not functioning. It has two cables similar to those on computer monitors that connect it to the plasma display media receiver. Has the move killed it?
Peter
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Pioneer is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 13 years. Media receiver is PDP-R05G, nothing visible on the screen re model numbers
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Will try dvd and see
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Same issue with DVDs. Worked perfectly until we replaced it today after paintingg the room, had not been moved since new
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/12/2016
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 1 year ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , I`m Jack and I will be helping you today
Please note that I am an independent audio/video tech. that depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website and I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , they are sent by the website ,not by me but let me know if you`d rather do this on the phone.
That being said , a few questions coming up ;
Please let me know when you are ready to proceed .

First thing here would be to unplug power from everything and pull out and back in securely the system cables one at a time at both ends

Then try it again and if that makes no difference , let me know how this is connected , is it component color coded cables or HDMI

Also ,Could you please give me the monitor`s model number written on the back cover ?

This media receiver comes with different models

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks Jack. I may have damaged a cable pulling them out of the wall. Going away for a bit and will try a different cable when I get the opportunity.
Regards

No problems and please take the time to rate me , that is how i get paid on this website

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician