Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Just noticed 2 dots coming up on screen, wd65737 purchased

Customer Question

just noticed 2 white dots coming up on screen
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: wd65737 purchased 12 3 09
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: everything working fine after changing bulb several months ago.noticed white dots today only 2 so far
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: started 1 hour ago
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: i understand it is a simple fix after taking back off.chip is not very expensive
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Sorry you're having problems. Yes, the white dots are caused by a failing DLP chip in the set - and this needs to be replaced to fix the issue. If you're looking to repair this yourself, you can purchase the chip at the link below for your set:

http://www.shopjimmy.com/mitsubishi/wd-65737

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

For detailed instructions on how to replace the chip, there is a video posted at the link below by Shop Jimmy that outlines this repair if you're looking to do it yourself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgiZdc4kZDw

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Chip is around $185, and the repair should take roughly between 30-40 minutes depending on your comfort level removing the back of the set, and the DMD board to access and replace the chip. It's also very important to be very careful with the chip as it's fragile and must be aligned carefully on the board.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?