Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

HAVING PROBLEMS WITH SONY TV MODEL KDL 40EX402 ONLY PICTURE

Customer Question

HAVING PROBLEMS WITH SONY TV MODEL KDL 40EX402 ONLY PICTURE THAT HAS BRAVA 2 ACROSS THE SCREEN WITH HALF OF THE SCREEN COLOR NOT THE SAME AS THE OTHER HALF. NET WORK PROVIDER COULD NOT SOLVE PROBLEM TOLD TO CALL YOU. I CALLED 1(###) ###-####AND WAS TOLD HAD TO GO TO ***** NOT HAVING ANY LUCK. SAID MY TV MODEL NO INDICATED IT IS 2010 MODEL NOT SURE THAT IS CORRECT. HELP
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Sony? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: MODEL NO KDL-40EX401 NOT SURE AGE THOUGHT IT WAS ONLY 4 O5 BUT WAS TOLD DIFFERENT BY FIRST SONY TECH I CONTACTED. ????
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried? What confuses you?
Customer: STARTED LAS THUR BUT WAS LEAVING TOWN SO DID NOT BOTHER UNTIL TODAY WHEN I RETURNED.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Hello, Sorry you're having problems. Are you saying the only thing that will display on the screen are the words "Bravia 2"?

How about if you press the Home/Menu button on the original Sony remote, will the TV's own MENU display normally?

Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

I'm here to assist you now, but if you're unable to engage at this time, then simply reply back when you are able. I will respond when available.