Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

Screen is black on my Hitachi 50V500 and I think I need to

Customer Question

screen is black on my Hitachi 50V500 and I think I need to replace the lamp. How do I access it?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Hitachi is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Model 50V500 serial #: 4V021407 Maybe 10 years old?
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: TV menu does not work.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: About 3 weeks ago. we were watching the night before, but didn't get a picture the next night.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack and I will be helping you today
Please note that I am an independent audio/video tech. that depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website and I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , they are sent by the website ,not by me but let me know if you`d rather do this on the phone.
That being said , be with you shortly with that info

Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

Is there a blinking light at the front or perhaps the LAMP light is on ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The lamp light is on solid until I click thje power button. Then the blue power light, the temp light and the lamp light flash in sequence for a minute or so until the power-up fails. Then the other lights go out and the lamp light stays on.
Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

O.k then that does it , you have a defective lamp .

I`ll start with a link where you can buy that lamp part # UX21511 , clic the link below;

http://www.shopjimmy.com/hitachi-ux21511-dlp-replacement-lamp-with-osram-neolux-bulb.htm

Be right back with the info on hw to replace it

Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

Click the link below for the manual and look on pages 69 and on for the procedure ;

http://www.hitachiserviceusa.com:8080/50V500.pdf

Let me know if you have other questions and if not for now then please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top of your page, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help .
Thank you

Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

ny questions on this ?
Remember that you can come back here at any time after rating (no charge) if you have other questions related to that

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks. I got the lamp assembly out and should be good now. I wish I had asked before I took the back panel off!
Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

Much welcome and please do not forget to rate with the stars at the top of your page (and SUBMIT) so i can get compensated for my time helping you.

Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

If you cant find the rating system (stars at the top and SUBMIT ) then you can do it verbally here by saying like " I rate " excellent/good service