Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

It turns on I see the "W", then the HDMI shows I hear sound

Customer Question

It turns on I see the "W", then the HDMI shows I hear sound for 3 seconds & then everything goes black. No sound no picture. I can however get tthe music channel? This 42" tv is less than a year old.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: Westinghouse DWM42F2G1
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I have a complete black screen, I see nothing
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I was watching tv yesterday morning and it went to black with no sounds as I was watching
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I get the music channels with sound but nothing else. I have Directv and the receiver is fine.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 10 months ago.

Welcome. I am Mike, an experienced field technician. We are now connected together on this convenient website where I am able to help you. To get started, I need to know you can see this message and are able to reply to me here...

-If you bring up the tv menu using the button on the tv itself or the original Westinghouse remote, does anything show up on the screen?

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Expert:  Mike G. replied 10 months ago.

Are you having website difficulties that are preventing you from replying?

Expert:  Mike G. replied 10 months ago.

Not sure why you can't reply...

Try unplugging the tv POWER cord for 3 minutes. If that does not help then the tv likely needs parts and service. Since this is a new tv, it is under warranty and you will want to call them to obtain services.

Let me know if you still need help and remember that I will be here with you throughout this entire process. Use the REPLY option or you may also submit a 3 to 5 star rating at the top of this page now. Rating does not close your question or prevent future replies which are at no additional cost.

Thanks

Expert:  Mike G. replied 10 months ago.

I would also recommend resetting the Directv receiver by unplugging it's power cord for 20 seconds.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 10 months ago.

Aside from those, the tv needs warranty service.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I see the menu
Expert:  Mike G. replied 10 months ago.

I just instructed you to try resetting the tv and Directv box by unplugging the power cords. Please do that now.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 10 months ago.

Hello, just checking back in to see if you still need help, or perhaps you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?