TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Somehow the picture has enlarged so big I can see the

Customer Question
heading. How do I change...
somehow the picture has enlarged so big I can see the heading. How do I change the format?
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: 5 yrs old please wait while I get the model pn51d45oa2d
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I only have the tv yes the menu works
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: yesterday my husband was watching tv and went to sleep when he woke up it had enlarged.He thought he may have slept on the remote. we called direct tv for help and was told to call the tv manufactor
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/9/2016
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 1 year ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , I'm Jack

Be with you shortly with an answer to that

First press the "P.SIZE" button on the tv`s remote and set your tv to 16:9 or "wide fit" second
Then look on the cable box (or satellite) remote for a button that may be called something like ; zoom, size, format, aspect , HDzoom etc. , often has a pound (#) symbol on it or a star and sits below the digits 7 or 9 , try to press that button repeatedly to toggle between the different aspect ratio`s.
Between the 2 remotes (tv and cable box)you should be able to find the correct aspect ratio /format.

Let me know how that goes and please take the time to rate my answer positively (use the stars at the top of your page and SUBMIT to rate) if that answers your question / does the trick as it is the only way i get paid for helping you , otherwise do not rate at all , just let me know and we`ll try something else.
Note that you can reach me here still at any time after rating if you have questions.

Correction for this line " 16:9 or "wide fit" second " , that would be "screen fit"

Also , if you have the direct tv genie remote then this is different in which case let me know and i`ll show you how its done .

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician