TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a series 6 UNH6F 6300,, while trying to download

Customer Question
I have a series 6...
I have a series 6 UNH6F 6300, , while trying to download Chrome it wants to know what operating system. Can you help?
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: about 3 yrs. UNH6F 6300
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Menu works. I'm not sure.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: when I TRY TO WATCH A LIVE VIDEO OF A FOOTBALL GAME THE PROGRAM IS CALLED STETCH AND IT SAY MY BROWSER IS OLD AND I SHOULD DOWNLOAD CHROME OR FIREFOX. WHEN i TRY CHROME IT WANTS TO KNOW WHAT THE SMART TV'S OPERATING SYSTEM IS.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/8/2016
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 1 year ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Unfortunately the short answer here is that you cannot.
The tv does not support 3rd party applications like this, which includes the chrome browser, flash player, etc.
This is a limitation of the tv itself.
The browser function on these smart tvs is extremely limited in capability,it is not a full browser, and the tv isn't a computer. It doesn't have a windows/mac operating system and can't handle these types of programs.
The built in browser is designed for basic, primarily text based, websites only.
The tv doesn't have flash, and can't run other plugins or extensions
so it can't handle most media based sites.
You'll find this to be the case with most all smart tvs. Because their processing and memory power is limited, and they run on a specially designed firmware (operating system), they just don't have the ability to run anything a computer or other device could. They can only handle the specially designed built in apps that come pre loaded or are available to add direct from the TV manufacturers "app store".
The only real way around that is if the site/service you're wanting to use has a dedicated app offered by the manufacturer for this tv,
like youtube for example. You can't go to youtube in the browser, but you can use the youtube app
Now there are alternatives,
by hooking up external devices for streaming media
like a a roku, fire tv, htpc or smart bluray and get all the same functions and many more, as well as the ability to pull up the content on your phone/tablet/computer, and display it on the tv through that device
Your tv may also have a "mira" function that will allow you to stream content directly from certain compatible pcs and android devices in a similar manner.
Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, simply reply back on this page.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.

Nathan, Installer