Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Brorher, So ive got a new one for ya. New to me as well,

Customer Question

Hey brorher, good morning. So ive got a new one for ya. New to me as well, havent come across this problem before. Ao I fot the TV, the guy said it didnt show any signs of life: no power, no standby light, nothin. So i plug it in to see whats up, ans it has standby light. I hit the power button, it blinks 8 or 9 times, and turns on just fine! I can see menu..check out a source on hdmi 1...just fine, sound and all. Switch source to HDMI 2, plug that bluray player in, works great. I turn it off.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hi ED, Good Morning!

Whats the issue with TV if it works fine?

Have you tried it again?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

When i tried to turn it back on, it has the solid standby light only, wont turn on. I moved it to another outlet, and now i dont get anything at all, no standby light or anything. Opened, took apart all connectors, sprayed with contact cleaner...still nothing.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

ah OK, got it. This is firmware issue and need to replace EEPROM chip on main board of TV to resolve the problem. Please get correct version EEPROM chip from folowing supplier and replace it that will fix the problem.

http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=%0932mf301b%2Ff7

I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page.
Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Is there a component that, once energy has been stored, wil malfunction and prevent it from turning on or getting standby light?

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Ed, it is TV firmware problem, did you get my previous reply?

I need to go offline now for few hours and will reply you when come online again.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No worries, take your time. Yeah, i got your reply. You were right that I would get to cut my teeth on some eeprom chips soon, lol, thats like 3 of them i need to order. So hey....the emerson i asked about a couple weeks ago....could that also be the problem with it? They are exactly the same guts inside...it never did turn on at all, and you had me test sgandby and all voltages, tbough i cant remember what the readings were...i think they were all zero. Should i try test8ng the stdby and all on this model just to be sure, or are you fairly confident that the eeprom is the culprit. Im going to try switching main boards to verify as well

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

If you get standby volts on power board yet TV doesn't turn On then most likely it would be EEPROM chip problem and replacement the chip will confirm it.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

My brother...ive been g9ne for a while, back at it now...i need to cleanup the questions i still jave out there with you, and i have a couple of new 9nes...when will you be on again?

Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

Hi Ed,

Its 6:20 my time and I'll be online again after 4 hours, meaning around 10:00 my time and will continue.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

K, ive been checking back, but since 8m atvwork it has been inconsistently. Let me know when youre back on and ill open that new question

Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

OK, I'm back and online.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** am at work now, but i will be working on TVs all night tonight when i get home from work in 8 hours, and tomorrow around the same time as well. Have 5 more units for questions, and will be continuing with the ones we left hanging.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

And i posted the new question i have rdy unmediately, should be in your cue now

Expert:  Shahid replied 11 months ago.

OK, no problem, we can continue work after 8 hours and waiting your new questions to put them in my work flow.

Thanks.