Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

We have a sharp tv and we lost the remote and are trying to

Customer Question

we have a sharp tv and we lost the remote and are trying to get to the menu to change the hdmi input
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Sharp is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: it is about 5-7 years old and is an Aquos 31"
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: The model is LC-C3237u We are trying to get to the menu but don't have the remove remote
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It was in storage I just moved it. We moved the tv from downstairs to upstairs
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, i have an installer here who hung the tv and is trying to connect my cable and it won't read the hdmi input, it says it has an invalid signal
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. Please note it can take me a few minutes between replies, so please be patient.

Also: If you receive a phone call offer, that is not sent by me - it is sent by the site without my knowledge. I am not available by phone, so please keep in mind I will be engaging you on this page.

Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

You don't change to HDMI in the MENU. You use the INPUT button on the side of the TV to change to the HDMI Input. If you have "Invalid signal" while on the HDMI Input then you have another issue - either a faulty HDMI cable or the cable box needs to be rebooted.

Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

First, confirm that the HDMI cable is connected tight to both the TV and cable box, then use the INPUT button on the right hand side of the TV (lower most button) to select the HDMI Input.

If you still have an invalid signal message then shut the TV off, and pull the power cord out of the back of the cable box for 10 seconds, then plug it back in.

Give the box a minute to bootup then turn the TV on and select HDMI again.

If you are STILL having the same problem, then I would suggest replacing that HDMI cable with a new one and trying those steps again.

Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Let me know if you need further help. Also, please do click a 3-5 STAR rating for my efforts before you go. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

Please keep in mind rating me does not close the question in any way- it simply ensures I am paid for my time spent trying to help you. You can follow up at any time at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?