TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a SONY receiver, Model STR-DN860, serialmanufactured

Customer Question
I have a SONY receiver...
I have a SONY receiver, Model STR-DN860, serial(###) ###-####manufactured May 2015. Suddenly, I am getting no sound while watching TV. My remote indicates that the receiver should be showing CAT/SATV, but it shows BT TX.
When I change the reading to CAT/SATV, it will immediately switch back to BT TX.
How do I get sound back for TV?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
10/5/2016
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 1 year ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. Please note it can take me a few minutes between replies, so please be patient.

Also: If you receive a phone call offer, that is not sent by me - it is sent by the site without my knowledge. I am not available by phone, so please keep in mind I will be engaging you on this page.

I need to know if the receiver has sound with OTHER audio inputs besides TV, so we can tell if the issue is the receiver itself or the audio signal coming from the TV. Select TUNER and let me know if there is sound.

Also, let me know if your "TV sound" is coming from a CABLE BOX?

I'm not sure if you're having problems replying? Please don't try to reply to the e-mail the site sends you. Instead use the link to get to the site page and reply here.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I was getting sound from FM, but now when switching to FM, the receiver switches back to BT TX.

Okay, this sounds like a processor glitch with the receiver then.

Please unplug it from power for 30 seconds and plug it back in. Let me know if you have the same problem and if so, we will need to dig deeper.

If you receive a phone call offer, that is not sent by me - it is sent by the site without my knowledge. I am not available by phone, so please keep in mind I will be engaging you on this page.

I had sent that to you already. Please reply back on this page to continue. Did you already unplug the receiver and plug it back in Yes or No please?

Troubleshooting this relies on you communicating back to me. I'm here to assist you now, but if you're unable to engage at this time, then simply reply back when you are able. I will respond when available.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have my cell phone now - it was in the car. Call me at ****************
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am happy to work thru the internet.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Am I to sit by the computer/telephone for the next 24 hours?
TV Technician: Master Fix It, Appliance Repair Technician replied 1 year ago
Master Fix It
Master Fix It, Appliance Repair Technician
Phone call session started
Louie, Technician