How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aric Your Own Question
Aric, Technician
Category: TV
Satisfied Customers: 44706
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
Type Your TV Question Here...
Aric is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How much is it to repair a cracked screen in a 65" curved

Customer Question

How much is it to repair a cracked screen in a 65" curved tv?
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. It is never cost effective to replace the screen on any LCD or LED set due to the cost of the TV being 80% the screen and the other 20% the rest of the boards. Anytime we see a set with a cracked screen in the shop, it is deemed "not repairable" due to the fact that once the cost of the screen is added to the cost of rebuilding the TV (the set must be completely disassembled from the inside out in order to access the screen), that it will actually end up costing MORE than the cost of the TV when new. Additionally, most manufacturers are not even producing separate screens any longer due to this, since it exceeds the cost of the TV. I'm very sorry for the bad news here but a cracked screen is not cost effective to replace even IF you can source a replacement screen for purchase (the only possible solution would be to find the EXACT same model number TV with a faulty power supply or mainboard and then salvage it for the screen).

Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

The only possible saving grace is to contact a used/pulled parts supplier like as they purchase sets with cracked screens and sell them for the other internal boards inside. It may be a way to recoup some of the loss on this set. Other than that, I wish I had better news for you.

Let me know if you need further help. Also, please do click a 3-5 STAR rating for my efforts before you go. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.