TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a Sharp LC600 Last week our cable frozen and my wife

Customer Question
kept hitting buttons on the...
I have a Sharp LC600 Last week our cable frozen and my wife kept hitting buttons on the remote. I rebooted the cable but when I turned the tv on it went off a few seconds later.I unplugged it waited a few minutes,turned it back on and did the same thing.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Sharp is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 3 to 4 years
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: No. There's a V that lights up when the tv goes on,it comes on,several seconds later it goes off
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It didn't pop. It was fine until I rebooted the cable
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
10/2/2016
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 1 year ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. Please note it can take me a few minutes between replies, so please be patient.

Also: If you receive a phone call offer, that is not sent by me - it is sent by the site without my knowledge. I am not available by phone, so please keep in mind I will be engaging you on this page.

Can you please start by posting with the full model number off of the back of the TV?

Also, when you refer to the "V" that lights up, do you mean on the screen itself, or the power light V on the front bezel?

Please elaborate and we can proceed.

I'm here to assist you now, but if you're unable to engage at this time, then simply reply back when you are able. I will respond later in the day.

I'm unsure why you're unable to reply back to me.

We often see these sets develop faults after a few years, and in most cases it requires replacement of a component (the Power Supply Board being the most common).

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm here. I lost the page

Thanks for the reply. Are you able to provide the info I requested above with regards ***** ***** model number and where exactly you're seeing that "V"?

Also, please not I mentioned I am NOT available by phone, so please reply back on this page.

Okay, I am awaiting that info...

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK, I did what you said. I unplugged the power held in the power button for 10 seconds. plugged it in and the V came on then several seconds later went off
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What's going on?

What's going on is I asked several times for some specific info which has not yet been provided. Please read and reply back to this specifically:

Please elaborate and we can proceed.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
sharp lc60le600U it's an inverted V on the bezel
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I did it again and it went off again.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My CC sent me a fraud alert,have them run my card again if it didn't go through.

Thank you for the reply. I have nothing to do with billing, etc. I am a tech not a site employee. Now, After the power V on the bezel goes out, does it start to blink/flash at all?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no it just goes out

Unfortunately, this does indicate a hardware fault in the set, with the power board or Mainboard that requires repairs. There are no settings/adjustments that will cause the TV to shut itself down. The only other attempt at a quick fix, is to leave the set unplugged for several hours in the hopes that it resets. The average cost for this repair is in the $250-$300 range (depending on which board has failed) and if you'd like you can use the link below to locate a shop in your area:

http://www.tvrepairpros.com

Alternatively, if you're a DIY type and looking to repair the set yourself, then reply back here and I will have a few checks for you to perform.

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news here and wish there were a quick fix.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for- please kindly RATE my service POSITIVELY to reflect that. Thank you.

Aric, Technician