TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

When using the "home" button to reach the settings, the tv

Customer Question
just restart JA: What's the make...
When using the "home" button to reach the settings, the tv just restart
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Its a Sony KD65XD8505
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: 6 weeks old
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: since last night...without any notice
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
10/2/2016
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 1 year ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , I`m Jack and I will be helping you today
Please note that I am an independent tech. that depends on your positive rating to get paid by this website and I have no control over the phone (or other) offers , they are sent by the website ,not by me but let me know if you`d rather do this on the phone.

First thing to try ;

Unplug the TV's power cord and hold the power button directly on the tv ,keep holding it for 20 secs or so then let the tv sit unplugged for a couple of minutes before you try it again.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When trying to access the settings the tv restarts.....I have tried factory resetting according to what I could read in forums but this doesn't work as well

Did you unplug it as I suggested ?

Is it only the HOME button that shuts off the tv or there are others ?

For some reason right now I cannot find a manual on this tv that would show me its controls but is there a HOME button on the tv itself ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
when entering the home button I'm taken to next menu with settings, apps etc...when I then try settings or any of the apps the tv restarts after some seconds
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no only on the remote

Doesn`t look good for the TV's main board and its software

How old is this tv now ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
6 weeks
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
bought 09.08.2016

Well , I don't know the rules and regulations in Poland but around here you would be entitled to an exchange or refund by law , not a repair .

I will give you a link where you can download and if possible install a new firmware and if that doesn`t do it then with the info there you should be able to claim the warranty .

Your tv is defective , there is no adjust , programming or wiring that causes this .

For that matter , do not touch the firmware yet and try to have it replaced by the store that sold it to you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks, ***** ***** there tmrw.

If that answers your question please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top of your page, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time (free of charges) if you have questions or need further help.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't know if it matters, but my model is 8505BAEP and not C as in your link

Try to check on polish sony sites for the firmware , I did but I cannot read polish , here is one ;

http://www.sony.pl/support/pl

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok, thanks again

Even closer ; http://www.sony.pl/support/pl/hub/prd-tvhc-tv

Much welcome and please do not forget to rate with the stars at the top of your page (and SUBMIT) so i can get compensated for my time helping you.

Any questions on this ?
Remember that you can come back here at any time after rating (no charge) if you have other questions related to that

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician