TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a Samsung LA 32D400 TV which screen flipped and USB

Customer Question
hi there JA: Hi. What do...
hi there
JA: Hi. What do you want help with?
Customer: I have a Samsung LA 32D400 TV which screen flipped and USB port not working can you help? i am in the service menu but dont know where to flip it back
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: about 3 years i think
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: yes, i managed to get into the service menu trying to fix the USB port issue but somehow accidentally flipped screen
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: everything upside down i was in the service menu before i put it off and put it on again, screen went pink
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes the USB port does not connect to the USB stick thats actually what we were trying to resolve
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
9/26/2016
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 1 year ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. Please note it can take me a few minutes between replies, so please be patient.

NOTE: If you receive a phone call offer, that is not sent by me - it is sent by the site without my knowledge. I am not available by phone, so please send a reply back on this page so we can continue.

These symptoms point directly to a failed Mainboard in your TV (it processes the screen orientation, ALL ports including USB functionality, and the software the set runs on). In most cases this requires replacement of this board to fix the issue.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

If the issue persists beyond this, then the set's "Mainboard" will need to be replaced - unfortunately, there are no pushbuttons fixes for this as it is a processor (hardware) failure. The Mainboard for your set, if you're looking to repair this yourself, is available at the link below for your set. I would also consider - given the cost of repairing this, that it may be money better spent to replace the TV versus repairs - however that is your call:

https://www.tokopedia.com/oktaviadsshop/mainboard-dan-psu-samsung-la32d400-cabutan

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news here and wish there were a quick fix.

Let me know if you need further help. Also, please do click a 3-5 STAR rating for my efforts before you go. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for- please kindly RATE my service POSITIVELY to reflect that. Thank you.

Aric, Technician