Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

The picture in a picture feature is stuck on with a black

Customer Question

The picture in a picture feature is stuck on with a black box in the upper right hand corner with the words, "Please wait" in the center. I have already contacted my cable company and rebooted the box, but that did not work. It stays on even if the TV has been off for hours.
JA: What is the exact make and model of your tv? And how long has this been an issue?
Customer: It has been an issue for the last 2 days....It is a Samsung but I cannot see what model it is
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: The TV menu does work and It only happens on this TV. we have 2 others connected to the same cable and they are fine
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: As far as I know, it was just there when my husband turned on the TV on Friday evening. So it has only been a problem for the past 3 days
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no maam, thank you
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 10 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

If you do press the menu button of the sets own remote control is the "please wait" on top of the menu?or does the menu cover it?

Anthony

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The menu covers please

OK this is likely to be a box issue but to further back thats suspicion up do you have another input to try like a DVD player for example?whats it like using that?

Anthony

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
This is rea;;y sp stupid but I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO MAKE THE dvd WORK. iT HAS SOME FUNK SPLITTER THAT NEEDS TO BE FLIPPED OR SOMETHING. sORRY

OK do this unplug the box from wallpower there will be either the banners still on the screen or they will have disappeared (obvioulsy no pic no sound) what do you see the banners?or have they gone? it should be a blue screen

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sorry, I can't get to it. I will habe to wait until my husband gets home to help. Thank you

Its my belief this is the box that is the problem let me know if you need more help now or later

Please remembe to rate positive with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page 3 to 5 stars thank you, ***** ***** is open for 30 days

Anthony

Sorry to bother you here but I see you still have not rated the answer positively, if you need more help please let me know otherwise could you please take a few moments to rate the answer 3 to 5 stars with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, the site will then credit me thank you

Regards

Anthony