TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Have several Panasonic Th-32LR11UK tv's. Need to program

Customer Question
with universal remote and be...
have several Panasonic Th-32LR11UK tv's. Need to program with universal remote and be able to change the source default. Can you help?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Panasonic? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: TH-32LR11UK purchased in 2009
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just got new tv system requiring using their universal remote. Have tried many codes.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: How to change the default source on the deep menu.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
9/23/2016
TV Technician: Steve G., Technician replied 1 year ago
Steve G., Technician

Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

Can you tell me the make and model of the Universal Remote you plan to use please?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Directv HR71H

Are you sure it is "HR71H" I am not familiar with that model.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry. RC71H

Ok. Give me a few minutes to look at this for you. I'll be back.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok.

Ok, you said that you had tried codes. Did you have any success at all? You stated that you specifically were trying to change Sources. Does that mean that the codes worked EXCEPT for changing the source?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The codes we found work volume but do not turn the tv on or off. The source needs to be changed in the deep menu (permanently), not with the remote.

Ok, so you simply need the source changed once and then it will stay like that permanently?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
on the source. We still need code for remote to turn tv on and off also.

Ok, since I don't know which codes you have tried, can you let me know if you have tried any of these?

11291 11480 10250 10178 10156

Also, can't you just change the source from the buttons on the TV - especially if you only need to do it once.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When we change on side of tv, every time the tv is turned off, it reverts to tv channels. It does not go to where it was last set. We'll try those codes now.

Ok. Let me know.

Here are the programming instructions:

Turn on the TV manually or using the original TV remote.

Press and hold the "Mute" button and the "Select" button at the same time until the green light on the top of the remote blinks twice.

Using the number key, enter the first digit of the code above. Wait for the green light on top of the remote to flash twice

Enter the remaining 4 digits of the code above.

Aim the remote at your TV and press the "OFF" key once. Your TV should turn off. If it does not turn off, repeat the steps above, trying each code until you find the correct code.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We have the correct procedure. Trying your codes now.

Ok. Any luck?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Unfortunately, no.

Ok. which code works best, ***** ***** all?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
They all worked for volume only.

This TV appears to be a hotel-type TV. Is that correct?

Ok, that may have something to do with it. Hotels wouldn't want the occupant changing the source which would then probably generate a call to the front desk because now the occupant can't find regular channels.

Are you actually a hotel or so you just happen to have a few TVs in your home that you bought from a hotel?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This is for the remaining 16 tv's in a hotel.

Ok. There is a Hotel Mode setup so you can set the initial source input. Would that help? Then it sounds like we just need to turn the TV on and off?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Do you directions for getting to source input?

Sure. It is shown here-----> https://www.manualslib.com/manual/118426/Panasonic-Th-32lrt12u.html?page=26#manual

I assume that you have one of the original remotes?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We have all original and a master.

Ok, so that will set the source. Then we are just looking for something that will do power on/off and volume??

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
please

So ALL of those codes only do Volume? None turn the TV on or off?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That is correct.

I don't see how to step through the codes like you can with most other remotes. Do all 16 TVs have this same RC71 remote?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is the one with the new Directv Residential Experience for Hotels (DRE).

Ok. I do not have an answer for you unfortunately.

I am going to opt out of this question which will allow other Panasonic TV experts to chime in.

I'm sorry.

Hold on please.

Steve G., Technician