TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

One red and two light blinking on my TV.But the picture is

Customer Question
One red and two green...
One red and two green light blinking on my TV.But the picture is not coming
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Samsung 1080p
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Yes the TV works
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: This been three days.nd the lights been blinking
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/22/2016
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 1 year ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Welcome. I am Mike, an experienced field technician. We are now connected together on this convenient website where I am able to help you. To get started, I need to know you can see this message and are able to reply to me here...

-What is the model number of the tv?

-How long have you had the tv?

-Any work or parts replaced?

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Are you having website difficulties that are preventing you from replying?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My TV is Samsung 1080p.1 have it for 8 years
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

"Samsung 1080p" is not a model number. Look for a model number sticker on the back of the tv please.

Appears the site sent you an automatic pop up for phone call service. This was not sent by me, and I am not available by phone. In the mean time we can continue our chat...

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can I call you?

... I am not available by phone. In the mean time we can continue our chat.

We NEED the model number off the back of your tv.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
HL-T6176S
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That's my TV model #

Has any parts been replaced in the 8 years?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No

This tv uses a high power LAMP that is supposed to be replaced every 4-6 years. You made it way past that! So all you need to do is replace the lamp in the tv.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
You mean I should open the TV?

Yes, the lamp is about $80 and you can DIY with just a screwdriver. There is a trap door on the side/rear or the tv where the lamp goes. I can help you with that or I can provide a local repair shop for you...

Let me know how you want to proceed and remember, I will be here with you throughout this entire process. You may also submit a 3 to 5 star rating at the top of this page at any time. Rating now does not close your question or prevent future replies which are at no additional cost.

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok help me to get the lamp fix

Sure, you have to order the lamp online because they are not sold at local stores. Here is one place to buy the lamp:

http://www.apexlamps.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=875&gclid=CjwKEAjw34i_BRDH9fbylbDJw1gSJAAvIFqUz_mvFf2MPZT2ZDqbaILz37CLzYKtw5LSHqMyeixzORoCKgDw_wcB

There are instructions with pictures in the tv user manual which I am giving you now. This is a link to get the PDF manual:

http://www.manualslib.com/download/459867/Samsung-Hl-T6176s.html

Lamp instructions are on page 74.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok,so when I receive it,then what? Call you to help me fix it?

Did you get the link for the tv manual? It has step by step instructions on how to replace the lamp with pictures on page 74. Here is the link again:

And if you do get stuck, then you can reply back here at no additional cost. Just bookmark/favorite this page.

Also, before you go, please take a look at the ratings stars at the top of this page, so that I get credit for my time.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok I will reply from this page when I receive it

Do you need help with the rating stars at the top of the page? Please submit a 3 to 5 rating so that I get credit for my time.

Hello, just checking back in to see if you still need help, or perhaps you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Mike,
I just received the lamp.can you help me to put it in

I previously provided you with the link for the manual. Please download the tv user manual and look at page 74:

It has step by step instructions with pictures, but if you still need more help then I am here. You'll need to tell me exactly what step in the process you are stuck on.

And I am still waiting for you to rate my service with 3 to 5 stars. I can only get credit for my time if you rate me... Do you need help with the rating system?

Even simply stating "Thank you Mike for being so helpful with my tv question", would be appreciated.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The TV is working but there's a little particle on the the TV Screen

No comments about thanking me or rating my service????

Do you understand that I just helped you get your tv working for hundreds of dollars less than if you had called a local repair shop!

Your original question and problem has been solved. I can certainly try help with your "other issue", but I need credit for solving your original question.

Mike G.
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician