TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a smart TV and are having issues with Freeview are

Customer Question
you able to help...
I have a smart TV and are having issues with Freeview are you able to help
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
9/21/2016
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 1 year ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Can you give me the model number of the tv?
Are you using an aerial? What specific problem are you having with it?

Do you need more help with this?

If so, simply reply back on this page.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's a non generic tv from China , I have solved the issue by selecting not Australia but others in the country menu and Perth WA in the date setting. This solves the Freeview issue and now I am trying to download the Freeview app. Or connect the tv through a set top box not directly into my aerial thank you. Ps did u take for a one off payment or multiples of. Steve w

Thank you for confirming, Steve.

You paid the site (not me) at this point, but it looks like you signed up for a membership. If you want just a single use, after we are done here (rating me with the 5 stars at top of the page) click on Account, then on Membership/Subscription, and you can cancel from there and have just a single fee at that point.

If you can give me the make/model, I can tell you more about the app option.
Thanks,

Just checking in if you still need help with this, Steve, if you're able to get the model number.

If not, or if it isn't supported (which is what I expect), and based on this being a generic model it most likely has an outdated or limited tuner and won't get all stations anyway, I'd recommend supplementing the tv with an external tuner, which you can often use as a DVR as well.

You can pick one up for $50 or less at dick smith, harvey norman, etc. Example: https://www.jbhifi.com.au/tv-home-entertainment/players-recorders/teac/teac-hdb850-hd-set-top-box/87484/

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service using the stars at the top of the page; hopefully I have earned 5 Stars. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you Nathan thats exactly what we are doing.have a nice day and I did cancel my credit card but I will do the right thing and cancel my inadvertent subscription thanks again

You're welcome.

Nathan, Installer