TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My control4 remote system is not working. its less then 2…

Customer Question
My control4 remote system...

My control4 remote system is not working.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Its less then 2 years old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Just started this evening. it looks like there is something going on with the master rack system we had a power outage this morning so I am wonder if that effected it. That said I was able to watch TV all day. suddenly now it is down.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?

That is it. thank you

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/18/2016
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 1 year ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Control4 systems are quite complex, and often will require that a dealer/installer come out to service them - they are built with proprietary hardware and software that purposely makes it difficult for the end user to do anything more than the everyday use of the system.

That said, there are a few things we can try here, and if needed I can help you find a tech to come out if you are not still in touch with the original dealer.

Initially, please locate the main control4 box which will be in your rack system, and unplug power to it for 60+ seconds to reboot it, and let me know the results.

Thanks,

Do you need more help with this?

Do you need more help with this?

If so, simply reply back on this page.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.

Louie, Technician