TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Got an input board and installed it. Fixed the input issue

Customer Question
yet Now I have a...
Got an input board and installed it. Fixed the input issue yet Now I have a blue and green vertical lines on the right side of the screen on all inputs. I tried undoing and reinstalling each of the ribbon connectors but no change. Afraid another board may have been impacted when the lightning strike was near by. I can send a picture of the if you tell me how to attach it.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
9/18/2016
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 1 year ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, I'm Shahid.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help.

Please click on Add-File link located below the box where you type the reply to attach the picture file.

Thanks.

OK, let me check it.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thx
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I opened and closed all of the ribbon connections even on the other boards I didn't replace. I just bought a can of "Dust Off" that I can use if that could help. Hope it's not another bad board

OK< do you still have old A board (where all video inputs are located) in hands that you replaced it with new board?
If so, were you get normal picture/ screen with old A board?

In other words, what else was the issue besides inputs problem with old board?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have it. The screen said no video input when it was installed. The screen only worked for the menu and when I tried an SD card in the card slot
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
now the inpiy works just now has the green and blue vertical bars

I understand, if you install old board back in TV, do the green and blue vertical bars go away?
This test will verify the new A board because there are two things involve for the bars issue, either A board or display panel/ screen is defective and if you get normal screen/ bars disappear with old A board then it will confirm that new A board is causing the issue and you would need to return the board to supplier to get replacement A board to resolve the problem.

Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
gotcha. that makes sense. so you're saying the lines should go away when I put the old board back in. I can put an SD card in (or maybe just have the blank "no input" message on an otherwise black screen) ...

That's correct, if bars go away with old board that means new board is defective and causing the bars and screen is just fine. This test will help to determine whats is bad in TV. I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page.
Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
checking now

OK, take your time and reply back with the result.

Excellent, screen is just fine, please return the board to supplier to get replacement A board which will resolve the problem. I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask.

Thank you.

Old board actually helped to verify the display panel/ screen and it found good which is good news. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page.
Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have been searching for this board for awhile. Finally found this one that is defective. Any idea where I could find one???

Unfortunately this board is out of stock on all major suppliers, however, following supplier offers refurbished board, I'm not sure if it is the same one whom you got this new board..

http://www.ptselectronicsinc.com/TXNA1QWUUS/

and last hope is ebay where you may please search it with board part number TXN/A1QWUUS from time to time.

Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I bought this one on eBay and just requested to return it. Thx

OK, above supplier offers repair service of old board so contact there to get the old board repaired.

Thanks.

Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician