Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My tv does not turn on at all. I try to turn it off by

Customer Question

Hello, my tv does not turn on at all. I try to turn it off by pressing the button on the side but it stays on
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: Vizio Tv E422VA
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Nothing works but the indicator light It just stays on
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It happened last night after accessing Netflix. It turned off and never came back on
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

These symptoms generally point to a failure in the TV. Specifically the "Mainboard" which is the processor for the set.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 3 times, and please let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have done that already with the tv company
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay well that is the only user level steps you can use to fix this then and it does indicate a hardware failure.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

The Mainboard of the TV needs to be replaced. If you are looking to do this yourself, I will pull up a link to the part.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

There are NO other attempts at a quick fix for this issue, and the part that needs to be replaced is a "plug and play" part (meaning no soldering is needed - only a screwdriver). You can purchase the Mainboard for your set at the link below for $180 if looking to repair this yourself:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VIZIO-E422VA-MAIN-BOARD-715G4365-M01-000-005K-756TXACB5K005-60-CREDIT-4-OLD-/111684500043?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368