TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a Samsung Smart TV and the sound stops working after

Customer Question
26 min every time I...
I have a Samsung Smart TV and the sound stops working after 26 min every time I watch a show. It is brand new. If I rewind and play the sounds comes back for a few minutes and then stops. I've unplugged the power cord and plugged it back in and it happens again. They sent me another brand new TV and the same thing happens. It is not connected to cable or any other device. I am only using the Smart hub and streaming Netflix, Hulu etc.
JA: How old is your Samsung, and have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: I just got the TV today. I have tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Yes, the menu works and when I run a sound test it is fine.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It has been an issue since I received the TV.
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The picture works fine. Just the sound turns off periodically.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
9/15/2016
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 1 year ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

What is the model of the tv?

Are you using only the tvs internal speakers?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's a Samsung Smart TV.
Yes only the TVs speakers

Can you please give me the complete model number of the tv?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Samsung J5205 series LED Smart TV

Can you give me the complete model number, please, not just the series. For example UN32J5205AFXZA

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
UN32J5205AFXZA

Okay, now please go into the tv settings menu, under Support, there it should show the current software (firmware) version, what is that number?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Current version 1027

Thank you, ***** ***** does have the latest update, though that still does not mean that this is not a firmware related problem, simply that samsung has not released a patch to address the issue.

Can you go into the tv settings menu, under audio, and look for the audio format. I want to set it to pcm/stereo (not auto or dolby), and let me know if that helps.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK I'll let you know in 26min

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Nope. Still cuts off after 26min

Thanks for trying,

is it possible for you to test another device, meaning an external source such as a dvd player, cable/satellite box, etc, even just temporarily?

Louie, Technician