Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

Ihave just purchased a 48" Samsung led TV whick does not

Customer Question

Ihave just purchased a 48" Samsung led TV whick does not have a SCART socket. How can I connect to my decoder that only has Scart outlets?
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

Unfortunately you'll find that most all new tv models lack the scart connection, because scart is considered to be an obsolete technology now due to the low resolution.

While it is possible to buy an adapter that will convert the scart to hdmi, the cost of doing so will be nearly as much as you'd spend on a new decoder.

You really would be much better off purchasing a new decoder box at this point because you would then be able to take advantage of the full capabilities of the tv to display a HD 1080p picture.

If you went with a converter, you'd be limited to a maximum of about 1/4 of that resolution (picture quality).

If you are referring to an over the air decoder for an aerial, a decoder or set top box is not even needed, the tv has a built in tuner. If you are referring to a satellite receiver for freesat, there are many inexpensive options available.

Here is a converter, if you wished to go that route though: http://amzn.to/2clnvQa

Here is a new decoder model I'd recommend: http://amzn.to/2cfa74q

Best regards,

Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, simply reply back on this page.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.