TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I am working with an NS-DXA2 converter box and an NS-RMT415

Customer Question
remote insignia devices and have...
I am working with an NS-DXA2 converter box and an NS-RMT415 remote insignia devices and have tried code search as well all possible research to bring these two devices to talk to each other with no end result. Why will this remote not interface with this converter box? Insignia made both of these devices but I have had no success. Will you please assist me and give some input as to a solution.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
9/12/2016
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 1 year ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Welcome. I am Mike, an experienced field technician. We are now connected together on this convenient website where I am able to help you. To get started, I need to know you can see this message and are able to reply to me here...

-Do you have the original remote that came with the NS-DXA2 converter box? Is it still able to control the box?

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Appears the site sent you an automatic pop up for phone call service. This was not sent by me, and I am not available by phone. In the mean time we can continue our chat...

Do you have the original remote that came with the NS-DXA2 converter box? Is it still able to control the box?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have the original remote that came with the converter box and it works the box fine.

I'm sorry that the NS-RMT415 remote is not able to be programmed to control this converter box. My best solution would be to get a different universal remote that has a "learning" function. That means you point the original remote into a window on the learning remote and it can actually grab the exact output of the original remote and save it to memory. Here is one such product that I often recommend:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004PYS45K

This remote can learn functions from any existing remote, like a tv, a converter box, a bluray player, etc etc.

Remember, I will be here with you throughout this entire process. Unless there is something else you can think of, please take a moment to submit at least a 3 star rating at the top of this page before you go. Rating now does not close your question or prevent future replies which are at no additional cost.

Thanks

Hello, just checking back in to see if you still need help, or perhaps you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?

Mike G.
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician