Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My RCA Flat Screen will turn on manually from the back (not

Customer Question

Hi - My RCA Flat Screen will turn on manually from the back (not the remote at times) and then sometimes the screen will stay black. No sound, red light off - indicating it is on (after unplugging which use to work). Today it will only turn on (red light off after I unplug it) but this time - sometimes takes 1 - 4 tries - the black screen will not go away. No sound either. No issues with the screen in the interim when it's on? I have reset the cable box and they have it programmed through my Fios TV remote.
JA: What is the exact make and model of your tv? And how long has this been an issue?
Customer: About 2 months, RCA 24 inch LED LCD Full HDTV Combo Model LED 24845RQD
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I just get a black screen. The only time the screen came up last night at all was to say no signal but there was no reaction to anything from the remote to "fix" it? I unplugged the verizon (now Frontier) box, etc. It also won't turn off from the back even though it lets me turn it on (to a black screen). But that seems odd.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: There is on on switch for the "box" and another on switch on the left upper control for the TV. Normally press the right, then the left. The right works, the left just stopped. I did some troubleshooting and have no idea where of course (I am a girl) ha. and it said to try turning it on and off from the back if it happened and went black. So not after 300 tries over last night and just now, nada but the on switch. The last thing that happened was the last 2 seconds of the Bronco win :)
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that's it.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 10 months ago.

Hello, I'm Shahid.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help.

Expert:  Shahid replied 10 months ago.

- Any idea how old is the TV and how long it have had the problem?

- Have you tried to unplug TV power cord from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?