TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

It keeps turning off it is a samsung HL-85686W. 85686W ABOUT

Customer Question
it keeps turning off it...
it keeps turning off it is a samsung HL-85686W.
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: 85686W ABOUT or over v8byears old
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: the menu works....i have it set on game 1 input
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: The sound vwould go 0ff periodicaly
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
9/9/2016
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 1 year ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello

Welcome

When the set switches itself off what are the lights on the front of the set doing?are all 3 blinking please? standby\temp>>timer>>lamp

Let me know please

Anthony

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
a red light comes on

So just the power-light goes to red which is standby

Have you tried rebooting the set?unplugging from wall-power wait 5 mins then re-plug back in?if not please do that and let me know the results

Anthony

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok. hold on...

There is no rush take your time I will be here

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
o... I am plgging it in and trning it on now...
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it is on no lights are on the front of thr tv. is there sppose to be any lights on ?

Yes the power-light should be lit, no reason for it not to be you have only unplugged \replugged unless the fault has moved on

Please re-check the plug is in and the set is ON

Any change please?

??

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the green light blinked 3 times before it came on bt there are no lights on still

Is the set ON though?

Its normal for the powerlight to blink whilst the set is booting up

I just need to know if you do have the set ON and running please?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it went off again, and the red light and green light blined two times before it went dead
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
only the red light is on now.

Dropping to standby like this with no error report (blinking lights) either means the remote control is sending a switch OFF command spuriously (take OUT batteries of remote to eliminate this \moniter set ) OR the power-board is troublesome (bad joints failing out of tolerance components like capacitors \resistors) so you have to weigh up what you have here ,if you want an economic repair then the work would need to be carried out by yourself, that work would be replacing the power-board if you want to do that let me know I will provide all the info you need to do that cost of board around $100, otherwise I would not recommend a technician repair but for you to replace the set as the costs would not reflect feasible repairs (a tech may charge over $250) as these sets are now very old and technology has moved way on.

I am sorry this is not something more easier (assuming remote eliminated)

If you need more help please let me know

Please consider rating the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page (3 to 5 stars click submit), rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site thank you, please note question is open for 30 days

Many Thanks

Anthony

Do you need anymore help with this please,once again sorry its nothing easier hopefully the info helps you on the way forwards with this

Anthony

Let me know please

Anthony

???

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank You, Anthony!I think this dinosaur, has had it! Time to upgrade!

Please understand I do not receive any credit from the site until you rate the answer positively?if you dont understand this please let me know.......rating bar of stars at the top of the page thank you

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician