Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

My visio tv model # M550NV flashes on and off 24 times then

Customer Question

my visio tv model # M550NV flashes on and off 24 times then goes to off for 7 seconds then flashes off and on then goes to on for 20 seconds then flashes off and on again and so and nothing please HELP
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 10 months ago.

Hi , I`m Jack , I will be helping you today
Can you please send me a reply when you are ready to proceed ?
Note that I need time to type and research for parts and info if needed so don't be surprised if there are delays between replies

Expert:  Jack replied 10 months ago.

Did it quit while watching it or simply would not come on today ?
Any electrical storm or power blackout in your area prior to this ?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
sorry Jack i just paid someone $30.00 to get you, it did not quit while i was watching it just did not come on yesterday
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i've tried to get it back with "google" advice but nothing doing
Expert:  Jack replied 10 months ago.

You just paid someone to get me ???

Not sure what that means but if you mean a deposit to the website then it is possible although I`m not privy to any of the money matters here .

About your tv though I know exactly what this is .

Just give me a few minutes please to give you details

Expert:  Jack replied 10 months ago.

This is actually a fairly common problem and that is your main board acting up .

Those vizio have a high rate of main board failures and in this case it is fairly expensive at some $150 for the board part # 3655-0102-0150 (0171-2272-3235)

If you wish to look into repairing this yourself let me know and I`ll find it for you

This is Plug&Play ,no solder or adjustments and if you or a friend is handy with a screwdriver and can remove the back cover then you can do this yourself, no special tools required.

If that is not your cup of tea so to speak then to have this repaired at home could cost you around $300 parts included and perhaps $50 less if you take it to the shop yourself .

If you need to find repair shops near you then look at the link below and enter your zip code ;
www.tvrepairpros.com
This will give you a list of NESDA member repair shops in your area.
This list may be limited though and you may find more by simply using the yellow pages or simply google "tv repairs" and the name of your town .
You could give a call to different shops in your area to get an idea of their rates , it pays to shop around .

Let me know if you have other questions and if not then please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help with that board .
Thank you

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
are you thinking it's definitely the main board Jack ???
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
if i bought the main board when could i expect it please Jack
Expert:  Jack replied 10 months ago.

Well , without being there with tools and meters I can give this only a 95% chance but I`ve seen enough of those to recognize one.

As far as delivery goes then this will depend on the supplier I find you , we don't sell parts .

Give me a few on this

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
any suppliers local to south Orlando Fl. 32837 so as i may go pick it up ??
Expert:  Jack replied 10 months ago.

Right now I`m finding quite a few repair services for this and it would be cheaper .

Just goes to show you how popular this main board is

Here is one ; http://www.coppelltvrepair.com/p/1327/repair-service-for-3655-0102-0150-main-board-for-vizio-m550nv-smart-led-tv-totally-dead-blinking-endlessly-or-otherwise-failing-to-start

Be back with more

Expert:  Jack replied 10 months ago.

look at the link I gave you and the symptoms written there

Expert:  Jack replied 10 months ago.
Expert:  Jack replied 10 months ago.

Any questions on this ?
Remember that you can come back here at any time after rating (no charge) if you have other questions related to that