Viet - TV Tech
Viet - TV Tech, Technician
Experience:  Skills with TV Configurations
30037186

I have a smart lg tv and forgot the parental pin code - an

Customer Question

I have a smart lg tv and forgot the parental pin code - an you can you help?
JA: Has this happened before? And have you tried unplugging your LG and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: Not happened before and havent unplugged for a few hrs yet - is there an immediate solution i can try
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: TV is ok on standad channels but i cant access the internet via the WWW icon on the smart tv section
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Its simply that i cant remember the parental pin code (i set it previously as the kids were on you tube via the web function on the tv - but now i cant remember the pin - when i enter the incorrect code it then asks for a SAFETY PIN (which i presume is a reset code)?
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not for now - thank you
Category: TV
Expert:  Viet - TV Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model of your LG TV, such as 42LB700, or 24MT57S, etc.?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi,The model is 60UF850V-ZB

Thank you. Please try the following:

Solution #1:

- Press Home, then go to Settings (which is the gear icon), (then select 3-dot icon if shown)

, then select option Safety, then select option Reset PIN Code

, and try the default password ***** pin 0000

; if needed, try pin 1234

Solution #2:

, then select option General, then select option Reset to Initial Settings and continue.

; try pin 0000 if asked; if needed, try pin 1234

Solution #3:

- Go to where it asks for the parental pin code, the press the mute button 3 times

, then another password ***** should appear, then enter the pin number 129472

, then see if it let you enter a new pin you want.

Solution #4:

- If needed, please try each of the following pins / passwords (in either parental pin code screen and/or in reset to initial settings screen) until it let you reset / change it:

0325

7777

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

How are you? Do you still need help with this issue and/or with anything else?

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi - I've tried all the solutions and doesn't work - solution 3 seemed the most likely as I had previously set a pin (which I now can't remember) but pressing the mute button 3 times only opens another menu not an a new password ***** - so problem remains unresolved - do you have any other alternative solutions.FYI - I'm using the mute button (3 times from the magic remote and not directly on the tv (as there are no buttons other than the toggle at the base of the tv)

I'm sorry. I've checked the manual and researched all over the internet, and I do not see any other method; these methods usually work for other LG TV models. Maybe yours is a special TV model. Can you contact LG for the secret code for your model?

- Email / chat:

http://www.lg.com/uk/support/contact/chat-email

- Phone:

http://www.lg.com/uk/support/contact/telephone

Thank you.