Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

Remote will not work new batteries, but my universal remote

Customer Question

remote will not work new batteries, but my universal remote for direct tv will not work it either
JA: What's the make and model of your television? And is the remote the same, universal, or for another device?
Customer: where can I find the model # its a vizio. remote
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: yes I cannot get anything to work on off ect, just the direct tv remote works for the direct tv box
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: my wife had Netflix on and picked a movie and it just stopped responding
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 11 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

Sorry the technicians assistant is computer generated so sorry for some of that initial dialogue, OK what you need to do is completely verify if the ORIGINAL remote is working or not I am not concerned with the directtv one as yet, so what you do is this <<<<<<<click the blue writing

Let me know the results of this check please

Anthony

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Remote works it's a 50" Vizio smart TV

So you have checked the original remote using the above video to help remote confirmed working in that case the IR receiver within the set is bad do you think you can do work yourself with the set?it will mean getting the IR receiver out of the set I will be happy to help you with this

Anthony

Please at this point consider rating the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site thank you, ***** ***** question is open for 30 days

Many Thanks

Anthony

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Is there a video showing where and how

Where it says "click the blue writing" above

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The only blue writing was for checking the remote I would definitely like to try to replace the ir receiver myself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMPoifERrNs <<<click

So you have done the above and the remote checks OK??

OK so you need to get the back off the set and in the front of the set near the IR window on the front of the set will be the IR receiver board, on that board will be the IR receiver get this board out first its only a little board let me know when you have it out