TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I've been trying to autoscan several times now It's

Customer Question
finishing again for the fourth...
I've been trying to autoscan several times now It's finishing again for the fourth time.
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: 457 5 years
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: The buttons are a little weird but eventually they work.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: And when connect the remote to the tv, it'll work but then it doesn't a few minutes later when I'm messing with the tv aka running the autoscan
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope!
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'll run the autoscan and no buttons on the remote register to the tv, so then I'm forced to try and exit and press a button on my dynex tv, and once I do that, the run channel autoscan box reappears.
9/5/2016
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 1 year ago
Louie, Technician

Hi, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the TV.

Additionally, is the TV directly connected to an antenna or cable feed? ...or is there a cable box?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
DX-32L220A12
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's connected to cable wires
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
With the small black 2in by 3in box
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it is connected by a cable feed
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have a DTA-ES remote. Came from WOW cable. Original remote isn't around but this tv worked with Insight just fine with their remote.

Sorry, but it would appear that there is a cable box based on "...small black 2in by 3in box..." What is the model number of this box please?

Additionally, please describe how the cable box is connected to the TV using what kind of connection(s).

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
DMS-2002U
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have two co ax cables plugged into this cable box, one leading to the tv, one leading to the wall.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you still there?

Thank you for allowing me time to check over these models and compose my reply.

The DMS-2002U is a remote control.

What is the model number of the cable box please?

If the cable box is connected to the TV using coaxial cables, then the TV must be set to Ch 3 (or 4 depending on the settings of the cable box). The scanning would have to be done at the cable box and not at the TV.

Are you able to set the TV to Ch 3 ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That's the only number that's labeled as "model" number. There's a serial number and a MAC address number on the cable box? The serial number is ***** and the MAC address is 12:BE:21:34:3D:EO
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There's one more number- unit identifier and that's 19 )- 05570-71852-022
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Manufactured on 12/06/2012
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I wanna say I saw channel 3 in the upper right corner once last night. But other than that, i tried to check but the channel buttons on computer are crossing with the volume buttons. Can't move channels from my tv and my remote only does volume and power button currently since I still need the channel auto scan to work.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm not quite sure what you mean by the scanning would have to be at the cable box, and not at the tv. The only control I have are the buttons on the tv.. When scanning, my options are antenna, cable, and cable/satellite box. I don't have an antenna, I've tried cable 5 times, and the third option, cable/satelite says I don't need a scan for that one. The only input where I get a signal is tv. Input, AV, component, HDMI1/2, VGA all day no signal. So surely I'm on the right input, which is TV. I wish I could tell if I was on channel 3? Can't seem to find control on that.

Sorry but why would a computer be involved in channel selection or even the volume buttons? "...channel buttons on computer are crossing with the volume buttons..."

The TV would have to be set to Antenna (even if no antenna), TV as its INPUT and then be made to be fixed set to Ch 3 (if indeed there is a cable box and its built-in RF modulator is using Ch 3).

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I meant channel buttons on my tv, so sorry!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'll try the scan in on the antenna one as soon as I get back home in an hour.

Yes please; when able.

Additionally, unplug the cable box for a period of time to simulate a soft reset.

Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Before I scan?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Scan didn't work. I didn't unplug either but before last night, it had been unplugged for a couple months

Sorry but I was under the impression that this is a working pair and the auto scan issue was just recent.

...not "...unplugged for a couple months ..."

Allow me to opt out and re-open the question in the hope that another member of the site can provide an alternate approach to your concern.

Still, good luck with the Dynex.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No need to re-open my question. It may just be something that can't be fixed. I asked for a refund. Thanks anyway!!

Done; refund request forwarded.

Louie, Technician