TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My TV seems to be stuck. We bought a amazon firestick the

Customer Question
other day, it worked fine...
my TV seems to be stuck. We bought a amazon firestick the other day, it worked fine for a few days then the screen went blank. Now all we can get is the screen saver. I 've pulled & replaced the plugs. For a while it showed all the programs but was locked. Then the screen saver. What can I do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
9/5/2016
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 1 year ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

What is the make/model of the tv, Tony?
Can you describe the "screen saver" you are seeing?

Tony,

It is imperative that you reply back to me here, on your original question only, please.

Posting new/duplicate questions costs you more and hinders my ability to reply.

Please reply back here on this page when ready.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the screen saver is pictures of wild country & changes every 10 or so

Okay that sounds like the amazon fire screen saver.

What other devices are you using with the tv (cable/satellite box, dvd, etc)?
Can you still receive those properly?
Can you see the tvs own menu screens?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
seconds
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't know how to text. I have an old cell phone

You don't need to text, we can chat here, but we can talk by phone if you prefer.

Can you please answer the questions I've asked?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have already paid $26 then $28 & got nothing.Why should I pay more?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What questions have you asked?

You have only paid the initial fee for the chat.

The other fee is because you posted a new question, rather than continuing with me here. that will be refunded eventually.

I've asked you several questions with no response, which is why I suggested a call may be better for you:

What is the make/model of the tv, Tony?

Can you still receive those properly?
Can you see the tvs own menu screens?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My TV is PanasonicTC50PU54
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My TV is Panasonic TC50PU54
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't think I am using another devices
No
No

So the firestick is the only device you have?
You don't get any tv channels through cable or satellite, or have a dvd player, vcr, etc?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am not sophisticated I Don't know technology. My TV set works as it came from the factory I have not added any devices to it

This is an older tv, so I am suspecting you have had something connected to it all these years prior to getting the fire tv.

I am simply asking if you have cable or satellite service for example.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I believe I have cable. I gave up satellite.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We canceled Direct TV & Charter. So I don't know if we are connected to anything.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
except Amazon

Okay, if you switch back to the cable input, does that still work properly?

Do you need more help with this?
If so, simply reply back on this page.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.

Louie, Technician