TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Panasonic 50" tv from March 21012 keeps turning itself off

Customer Question
and now it won't come...
Panasonic 50" tv from March 21012 keeps turning itself off and now it won't come back on. Cane this be fixed and would it be worth a technician to come out?
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: TC-P5OU50 March 2102
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: No the tv will not stay on at all now. When it happened I would unplug then it would work a little while. Nothing is happening to cable box or Bose system. They continue to work
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: 3 days. Nothing popped up just turned off
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
9/4/2016
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 1 year ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Welcome, I noticed that you were processed through the website's automated "introduction". Please understand that every visitor to the website gets those exact same computer generated responses, word for word. Honestly, had an actual technician welcomed you here, a very different greeting would have been presented.

At this point the tv needs diagnosis, parts, and service. I can help with that but with these symptoms, DIY diagnosis is going to be very complex (requiring a meter).

If you do not have the needed skills and tools then having it repaired by a local shop will end up costing around $350-$400. Just an in home diagnosis is usually at least $100 up front. You can compare that cost vs a new 50" tv. I can help you locate a repair shop near you, just reply back.

I'm sorry for the bad news. I do understand that finding out your tv needs expensive repairs is not pleasant but at least now you can make the most of your situation without high repair costs and long wait times. You saved a lot of time and money by coming here first.

Remember, I will be here with you throughout this entire process. Unless there is something else you can think of, please take a moment to submit at least a 3 star rating at the top of this page before you go. Rating now does not close your question or prevent future replies which are at no additional cost.

Thanks

Hello, just checking back in to see if you still need help, or perhaps you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This was a rip off. I paid for a person to tell me that I need to hire a repair person. I think if the first answer is hire some one, that is not using the service and should not have to pay. If you walked me they some steps to help repair I would not have a problem. This was very wrong. I am sure it happens many times

Looks like you don't have the tools and ability to perform a DIY repair.

In that case, this service already saved you time and money because your other option is to pay $100-$140 up front for a local repair shop to come to your home and hand you an estimate for $400. They don't give you the $100-$140 back if you refuse to have the tv repaired.

My advice is that paying $400 to have your tv repaired is NOT worth it because a new 50" tv is only $500 and it comes with a full warranty, better features, better picture, etc.

I know all this is disappointing but you should still realize that in no way is this service a "rip off". Most people are thankful for saving them so much time and money.

Mike G.
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician