Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a sharp model LC-60LE633U. It just flashes and it

Customer Question

I have a sharp model LC-60LE633U. It just flashes and it does not turn on.
Category: TV
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 10 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

I cant take a call right now sorry that message is sent by the site

Are there any blinking lights on the front of the set please?

Anthony

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have a sharp model LC-60LE633U. It just...
03 September 2016 01:58
No
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No light . Only arrow blinking

The blinking arrow is very important it will be blinking long and short blinks please count those like 2 short 5 long as an example

Let me know

Anthony

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
two blinks, then five blinks
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Are you there?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Two slow blinks, then five fast blinks
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
You are making me wait for too long. I will write a bad review. I paid for service and I can't be waiting for 30 minutes for an answer. I signed on at 1.58 pm and it is now 2.25 pm.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
3 more minutes

I am sorry we have a site issue I sometimes do not see the replies sorry for that

OK I am not sure now if you want to continue?

Its no good me going on about this if you are going to rate me badly

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
You need to respect my time

So which way do you want to go with this please?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Refund my fee and we will be done. You asked for a simple question of flushes and I have been waiting for 45 minutes, Not good.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
You have not told me anything yet. My expectations was that you take few minutes and give me a diagnosis.
Expert:  Shahid replied 10 months ago.

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help.
Please reply back if you still need assistance with this TV question.
Thank you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
You have not given me any response
Expert:  Shahid replied 10 months ago.

Sorry about delayed reply, I was offline.

Let me repost the question for other experts because I may stay offline for today.

Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

Hello, This is Aric a different tech. The 2 short and 5 long blinks points to the panel power supply failing- which can be caused by either the power supply board, the LCD controller board (the t-con) or the panel itself of the TV failing. If you're looking to repair the set yourself, then you would need to either use a meter and test the 12 volt output on the power supply board- or a layman would replace that board. If the issue still occurs then the t-con needs to be replaced to determine if that is the cause, or if the LCD panel of the TV is faulty. If you're looking to go thsi route simply postback and I will search for links to those boards for you.

Alternatively, if this is not something you're comfortable with, then a shop will charge typically $200-$250 parts and labor to diagnose and swap the offending part- UNLESS it is the LCD panel in which case the TV is not repairable (cost of the panel is 80% of the cost of the TV). If you'd like you can use the link below to locate a shop in your area:

http://www.tvrepairpros.com

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

If you need further assistance let me know. Also, please do click a 3-5 STAR rating for my efforts before you go. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?