Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have a 50L1450U model Toshiba and the tv only powers on

Customer Question

I have a 50L1450U model Toshiba and the tv only powers on sometimes and when it does we have to wait a long time. When I push the power button on the side nothing happens.
I've taken it apart now and see only 2 boards inside. I'm guessing the one where the power button is needs to be replaced?
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

Can you please reply to this message so I know you are on line thank you

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would also like to know where to buy these parts if needed. Thanks

OK the first thing to do is examine the capacitors on the power-board they look like this <<click

You are looking for ballooning\leaking\raised domed tops powerboard is found by tracing power-cord to it

Let me know about those first

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't see any of that on the board that connects to the power cord

https://snag.gy/0O8vsk.jpg <<click

They are lying flat on this board just examine each closely

I have marked them all in red

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have examined them closely, they do not seem to be any ballooning, leaking, or domed.

OK the power-light in the front of the set is that lit or blinking?what color is it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no light at all until it finally comes on.

It really seems like that power-board is bad do you think you can replace this?you just unplug and unscrew from the chassis, order by part-number only found on the board itself www.shopjimmy.com should stock it

Let me know if you need more help

Please consider rating the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive payment from the site thank you, ***** ***** question is open for 30 days

Many Thanks

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Were do I find the part number for the board? Is it possible the fuse is that is really close to the power cord inlet is blown? Its completely white so I don't know how to tell if it's bad or not.

No its not the fuse there will be a series of codes on the board you have to try them all OR to get an idea of the number you need go to shopjimmy using the model number

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, let me give it a shot and I will let you know.

Question is open for 30 days

Many Thanks

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just to be sure, you are referring to the board that the power cord connects to correct? The reason I ask is because the power cord connects to one board but the power button is connected to another.

Its the board the power-cord plugs into yes

Board will cost around $100

Please before you go remember to rate the info positively 3 to 5 stars thank you ,you can still come back here anytime upto 30 days

Anthony

How is this working out please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm ordering the part tomorrow and should have it by the end of the week. I'll let you know asap. Thanks

OK fine

Anthony

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I installed the new board but nothing has changed?? What else do you suspect could be the issue? What is the other board called?
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 12 months ago.

So you have replaced the power-board that is this one <<click

If so you do have exactly the same symptoms?because that is really odd if you do, usually when the main-board is bad it stays off with no power-light, the set won't usually come back on however there really isn't anything else it could be here so you will need to hold on to that power-board for now and order the main-board that is the one with all the INPUT connectors attached, again order by part-number only found on the board itself

Anthony