Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a lc60leb1oun sharp connect to internet and it says

Customer Question

I have a lc60leb1oun sharp connect to internet and it says the security of the target page cannot be confirmed the suver certifate has expired aconection cannot be established an err has occurred intcp
Category: TV
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Does this error occur with all pages, or only with one particular page? try several different secure pages (the ones with https:// on their addresses) and see whether that is the case.

Check on the date setting for your tablet... if it is the wrong year, then it can register as expired certificates all across the board and for all secure connection pages.

Let me know (by Reply To Expert) what you find out, please. And I will advise you further.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my problem is the internet will not connect to the tv.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

OK. Do you have wireless service or a WiFi router, that you want the TV to connect to?

If so, just go to the WiFi router box, check the status of its indicator lights, then unplug the WiFi router box.

Leave it unplugged for 5 minutes or longer.

Plug it in again and wait 2 minutes, then try to re-connect from the TV.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I bought this tv about 10 year ago and did not relize it was a smart tv . SaskTel installed a new router and hock up the cable for internet but the tv will not connect
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Try checking whether the cable is plugged in, at both the TV end/socket, and at the SaskTel router.

Also check whether the TV is plugged in (as it should be) to the 1-through-4 ports on the router, not the 'common' nor the 'Internet' nor the 'modem' ports. It will not get internet except if connected to one of the four numbered ports. (Or perhaps there are 5 ports with numbers, on your model of router.)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have it connected to the router and have signed in user name and password ***** not connect.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

What error do you see, please, when the password ***** not connect?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
user name and password ***** connected. but there is a box that says the security of the target page cannot be confirmed the sever certificate has expired. a box says connection cannot be established an err has ocourd in tcp
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

The TV has a clock, or a time-and-date setting.

Go into the TV's MENU system, by pressing the MENU button on the remote.

See if you can set the clock, or the time-and-date, and make sure it has the right month and year in it.

Also check on your home page, or try to access a different page. The page you have programmed in to the TV, to access upon connecting, may be defunct, or no longer there, or otherwise extinct/unusable/obsolete.

(That is hinted at, by the "certificate expired" message. It signifies that, since certificates are issued for years, the page may be quite old.)

If any of this seems inobvious, needs more explanation, etc., let me know. I will try to guide you through it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
went to menu no clock to be found
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Is your tablet an Android OS -based type?

If so, then touch (from the Home screen)

All Apps

Settings

System

Date & Time

and check on the setting there, as to month and date being accurately set (at least).