Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

My toshiba 32c120u1 model tv does a strange thing. About

Customer Question

My toshiba 32c120u1 model tv does a strange thing. About once an hour (I don't watch a lot of tv), the screen freezes, the last word said on the tv repeats over and over again, and then the tv turns itself off and then back on again -- back to the same channel. Then the problem is solved. I am watching antenna tv when this happens. I have other tvs in the house using the same antenna with no problems. What could be causing this?
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 11 months ago.

Hi Ken , I`m Jack , I will be helping you today

There is nothing but the TV's main board that can do this if the tv is receiving its own channels , like no cable box connected but only antenna.

You could give a try to a firmware update to see if this will clear the problem, here is a link for that ;

http://support.toshiba.com/support/modelHome?freeText=3431055

Or you could replace the main board , let me know if you are into that and I will find it for you ?

Let me know if you have other questions and if not for now then please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help .
Thank you