Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a pioneer Elite pro-110FD Tv When I attach headphones

Customer Question

I have a pioneer Elite pro-110FD Tv
When I attach headphones to the headphone jack, the TV automatically mutes
How do I change this so I can leave the headphones attached and mute the Tv only when I want to use the headphones
Thank you
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Hello Aaron, Sorry you're having problems. You cannot change this- it's occurring in the headphone jack. It's a self-muting jack- meaning as soon as something is inserted into it- it breaks the contact to the speakers and shuts them off. This is by design and any device that uses a headphone jack does the same thing. However there may be a workaround. What do you have connected to the TV for "sources" (meaning cable/SAT box, DVD, etc.)?

Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

However there may be a workaround. What do you have connected to the TV for "sources" (meaning cable/SAT box, DVD, etc.)?

If you need further assistance let me know. Also, please do click a 3-5 STAR rating for my efforts before you go. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.