TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My 50" Panasonic tv's hdmi and rca's don't work. They

Customer Question
My 50" Panasonic tv's hdmi...
My 50"
Panasonic tv's hdmi and rca's don't work. They receive sound but no video
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And have you done any troubleshooting yourself?
Customer: I don't have that info on right now as I am not home.
Yes I tried all hdmi ports and rca ports
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I used different devices on all the ports for both hdmi and rca
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/31/2016
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 1 year ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. In order to assist you, I need to ask for more info.

1) What is the full model number off of the back of the TV?

2) Roughly how long have you owned the TV for?

3) If you grab the original Panasonic remote and press MENU, will the MENU display?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
TH-50PZ850A
6 years
Yes is does.
The tv functions normal just the rca and HDMI ports don't show video.

Thanks for the reply. It is rare for the RCA's to stop showing video, however the HDMI ports are common faults. Just to make sure the TV is actually the root cause- what source have you tried connecting the TV, and have you tried more than one (cable/SAT box, DVD, etc.)?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am Australian and the tv was bought here in Australia.
I got in touch with a parts supplier here and he said they don't make this model.
Now that maybe true but I am trying to figure out if that board needs replacing and if a similar Panasonic plasma shares the same board that has the rca and HDMI ports.

The Mainboard is the root cause of this. I am in the US and am finding part number: TNPH0721AC for the Mainboard. Not sure what suppliers you have access to, but would search using that part number.

That's a very hard part to find even here in the US through all the used/pulled parts suppliers, it is showing as out of stock.

The best either of us can do is google that part number, but we're left at the mercy of what is out there available. All the video from external sources is processed on the mainboard however. Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

If you need further assistance let me know. Also, please do click a 3-5 STAR rating for my efforts before you go. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Aric, Technician