TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Trying to set up my RCA guide Plus but when it asks for

Customer Question
cable box,it is not listed...
trying to set up my RCA guide Plus but when it asks for cable box,it is not listed & the alt does not work.I have a Motorola Cable box not listed.Help!
JA: What is the exact make and model of your tv? And how long has this been an issue?
Customer: RCA Guide Plus tv-f25442
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: just using the set up mode for tv to play cable,power went out-cannot play the cable box
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: \no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/29/2016
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 1 year ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem

I must say that I`m not surprised at all your cable box is not listed , this guide plus feature has been dead since the 90`s and even if you had a cable box that age ,there are no tv guide available for this any longer .

If that feature keeps popping up then once it is opened , scroll to the left beyond what you first see on the screen until your get to SETUP or FEATURE , guide plus setup etc. (working from memory here ) and turn it off there or while doing the setup just say no to everywhere applicable then enter 00000 as zip code and it should be gone

Let me know if you have other questions and if not for now then please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help .
Thank you

Just saw that you cannot get back to your cable box , try to enter channel 3 or 4 if connected with a coaxial cable otherwise the video input

Do you have the TV's remote ?

If that cable box is connected at the back , not at the front in the audio/video inputs then your tv needs to be on channel 3 or 4

Saw your other post and had it closed .

Not too many ways of setting up this old tv you know , you have coaxial at the back and AV inputs at the front so if it not at the front then its channel 3 or 4 , sorry its not any more complicated than that .

Just grab a working remote for this tv and enter the digits 03 or 04 if the channel up/down do not get you there .

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician