TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a Samsung wireless charger which is still under

Customer Question
warranty. It has not...
I have a Samsung wireless charger which is still under warranty. It has not worked correctly for a couple of months (i.e., left on the charger all night, the power level is around 34). What recourse do I have?
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: Around 2-3 months.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I haven't because I don't know where to start.
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No, thank you Pearl.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
8/28/2016
TV Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 1 year ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

What model of Samsung is the charger in question, please? I need to know, before advising you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
EP-PG9201

Thanks for the info. One minute please...

OK. That wireless charger can only be used to charge (without a cable) certain models of phones / etc.

What model is it failing to charge adequately, please?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Samsung Galaxy S-6. Worked perfectly for several months; then started charging to 34% overnight, or no charge at all overnight.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Russell, are you still there?

Yes, still here.

Do you have another phone to try charging with this charger? or any reason to believe it is the charger not the phone that is at fault?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No, I don't have another phone. My phone works just fine when I use a regular charger.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I need to leave now. I'm not sure how I get my $5 back.

There's no surety at that rate, that the charger really is what is at fault... the wireless charger induces voltage in the phone, but either the charger, or the induced-voltage receiving circuits in your phone, could be at fault.

Since the charger is within warranty, taking it back to the store for warranty repair, or sending it to Samsung for warranty testing/repair, could actually help with the situation.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks!

Do you need more info, e.g. as to where to take or send the charger?

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

(- If you need more info, or have any comments, I'll continue to advise you.)

Thanks.

Russell H., Service Tech