Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a Samsung HL-S5086w that will power up with no

Customer Question

I have a Samsung HL-S5086w that will power up with no samsung chime, a blinking green led lamp light, no picture on the screen itself, but the lamp will light and be very bright. The screen is completely dark for the first 15 seconds and then will lightly illuminate a black screen, after another 15 seconds the tv then shuts off by itself.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

I'm not sure if you're having problems replying? Please don't try to reply to the e-mail the site sends you. Instead use the link to get to the site page and reply here.

1) Does the set power up on its own as soon as it's plugged in? Or only after the power button is pressed?

2) When did this issue occur- were there storms, or power outages, etc.?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Only after the power button is pressed! I received the tv from a friend and im trying to fix it, so i dont know if there could have been a power surge.
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for the reply. These symptoms indicate a faulty Mainboard in the set- since this provide the turn on command to the power board, and also produces the turn on chime. Are you looking to replace this part yourself?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am looking to replace the part however, could you elaborate on why it would be a faulty mainboard if theres just the lamp led light blinking and slight illumination with a black screen?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Im trying to keep from buying a part i dont need, i was thinking it was more the light engine causing the problem