TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

No picture, Just started, I have the back off and have

Customer Question
No picture JA: How long has...
No picture
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: Just started
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have the back off and have checked the power supply board and 5.3V and 16V are present, but when checking voltage points on the Main board, the one labeled 5.3 and 16 are good, but the one labeled 12V is in the mV range
JA: The TV expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: It is a Panasonic tc60as650u model and is less than 2 years old
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: TV
8/27/2016
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 1 year ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

That would indicate that the P board is faulty and will need to be replaced. You can pick on of those up here: https://www.encompassparts.com/item/10180315/Panasonic/TZRNP11YSUU/Pc_Board though double check your part number for an exact match first.

Best regards,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
is that the board on the left when viewing the system from the rear with the rear panel cover removed? If so, I only see voltage test points for 5.3v and 16v? Nothing for 12v on this board? On the A board (Main), there is an additional 12v test point in addition to 5.3 and 16v. Those test good via voltmeter but not the 12v? Is the source for 12v come from the P board? If so, is there a way for me to check it on the P board?Thank you!

the P board is where the incoming wall power connects through, the A board is the main with the inputs.

12v is still coming from the power supply, you may not see test points specifically but look at the output pins on the wiring harnesses

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
that's the brown and white cable running from the P board to the A board, correct?

I actually don't have a service manual available right now to give you that exactly, but yes there should be a connection to the main and also out to the led backlighting, and the pins on each harness should be marked with what they are, ground, +5v, +12v, etc

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Well, I'm not sure the P board has a 12v source. I see 5.3v, 16v, and 24v, but no 12v. At the connector with the cable between the P and A boards, I see 2 pins with 16v, 1 at 5.3v, and 1 at 1.5v, none with 24v or 12v. There are no markings on the harness indicating voltage.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Here are 5 pics of the tv from their rear, as well as, a pic of the P and A boards with the SRV Voltage points on the the 2 boards respectively.
image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Thanks for the info,

let me go back a step though to the symptoms; you said no picture, but do you still have sound?
If you hold a flashlight to the screen, do you see any pictures or menus that way?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
to sound, can't tell about pics and menus.

Try dimming the room lights and holding a flashlight to the screen at a 45 degree angle, if you can make out any image at all that way, then it would indicate, as I expect, that this is an issue of power not getting to the backlighting, and we'd be back to replacing the power board.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok, will do and report back shortly

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No menu or pic visible with lights off and flashlight shining on screen at 45 degrees, as best I can tell given the glossy screen surface and the reflection it gives. Almost mirror like. Also, the red led is on solid if that matters. Lastly, I don't think it is getting through enough of whatever self test it runs as the backlight system doesn't light up. When this first started the red led would blink 3 times sometimes and 13 times once or twice. Now, just solid. Upon power up, you hear a relay click and then after a minute or two, another one.

That doesn't make sense that you are getting sound then, are you sure the sound is coming from the internal tv speakers?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Well, it was connected to a sound at at the start of this. I suppose the sound could have been coming through it, but it's source was an hdmi from the tv? This morning it is back to flashing 13 times over and over.

Can you reconnect the hdmi source (cable/dvd/etc) and retest if you get sound?

If you had an hdmi ARC connection to a soundbar or other system, the sound was coming from it which would explain this, and if that is the case the A board is what you'd replace, which would fit with the 13 blink as well.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is there a way to determine if the lcd the problem?

That is really something you'd only determine if the problem persists after replacing the other boards first.

Do you need more help with this?

Okay have you proceeded with the suggested board replacement?

Nathan, Installer